In this day and age, more and more people have become reliant on their Internet connections for their leisurely and professional activities. It is very important for many people to have a fast, secure, and stable Internet connection for all the communication, social networking, entertainment, work-related, and other essential activities in their lives. However, not a lot of people get the broadband connection speeds that they have been promised. There are unscrupulous Internet service providers that promise unrealistic speeds to potential customers, but when these people sign up for the service, they do not even receive half of the speeds they were promised.
To get your money’s worth when it comes to your broadband connection, you can easily perform a speed test. There are a wide variety of broadband speed checkers that you can find with a simple search online. Checking your Internet speed is the first step toward getting the speeds you were promised by your broadband service provider.
• Speedtest.net. This is one of the most popular (and free!) broadband speed checkers on the Internet. This is an effective and reputable application, and you can use it wherever you live or use your connection in. They have servers all over the world so you can check the status of your Internet connection wherever you are. Speedtest.net will also automatically select the best server to ping with your Internet service provider while making it easy for you to compare the resulting information.
• Speak Easy. If you need a more specific performance test for your broadband connection, you can try to use the Speak Easy application. Just select from their list of countries before performing the speed test so you could get the best and most accurate result possible.
• DSL Reports. This tool has more features compared to the other checkers online and offers great support for testing mobile Internet speed.
• Broadband Expert UK. This tool is great for UK residents who want to get real-time and accurate results.
• Broadband Expert Australia. This application might seem like another country-specific speed checker, but just like the UK version, this Australian version actually works for users from different countries.
• Speed Guide Speed Test Service. This speed test service has servers in around twenty locations, which means that you can choose one that is nearest you to effectively test your Internet speed.
• 2Wire.com Speed Test Service. The 2Wire.com speed testing service offers instant results—you do not have to wait for a couple of seconds or even click a button. 2Wire.com starts testing your connection speed as soon as you land on the page.
• iBeast Speed Calculator. The iBeast broadband speed checker allows you to choose your Internet connection level (which you want to test). You can choose between 56K dial-up or broadband. Interface is very basic but it is very effective.
• Speed Matters. Interface is sophisticated and fancy, but gives you a lot more than you would expect.
• Bandwidth Place Speed Test. This tool provides you with advice as to how your Internet is currently performing and what speed you can consider as good enough.